Monday, March 3, 2008

Nicknames

This is only for all those who persisted I share.

All my friends know that my nickname used to be Michelley-belly in my family. I think I finally lost that nickname when I lost my belly. It was around the age of 19. I've been telling my friends that my nickname was this because I had this huge belly as a baby/little girl and all the rest of me was stick thin, like one of those starving kids in Africa. However, I realize now that this story is a lie. Examining old photos made me see that yes, I did have a belly, but I was kind of a chunk all over. Please see below.



This is wierd angle, but if you look closely, there is a significant belly there. Wouldn't it be cool if I could find this exact bathing suit now and redo this picture?

Now this is a picture I might use as my Blogger profile picture...haven't decided yet. I like how the proportion of my head to my body hasn't changed in 24 years.



Another great bathing suit. They just don't make them like they used too. Why am I crying? My guess is sand in my diaper.


And this one I think is just nice. I remember those overalls. I did everything in them. This is up at the cabin.

4 comments:

jimwraith said...

The pictures are awesome. If I were still 3, I'd totally hit on you.
But if you think you actually had an unusually sized belly, it makes me cry a little bit inside, because that means mine was grossly distorted at the same age...
Instead, you were simply always guilty of looking exceptionally cute for your age. Thank God that hasn't changed...

Kimberly said...

Awww, Michelle! You were so cute as a kid and you are still cute now! I love seeing pictures of friends as little kids. How fun.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Our sister's nickname was also Shell Bell and she also had a ridiculous kid belly. We also called her pig.

AM said...

Finally! The long awaited photo of you in a bathing suit that I've been asking for. Seriously www.cuteoverload.com has nothing on you as kiddie.